Had a really decadent breakfast the other day. Saw this creation fly past on Instagram a couple of times in the last month, and decided i had to try. I mean a burger meets grilled cheese… I couldn’t resist. Behold the patty melt.
What you need (for one patty melt)
1 burger patty (I used store-ground chuck roll)
4 slices of cheddar cheese
2 Slices of toast bread (preferably rye or brown bread)
A couple of pickles
How to make the patty melt:
1. Fry the burger patty until cooked, season with salt. Finish with two slices of cheddar and allow to melt on top.
2. Spread butter on the bread slices.
3. Fry bread with butter side down in a frying pan, turn, and let fry on the other side as well.
4. Add one slice of cheddar on the buttered side of each bread slice. Add burger inbetween the two slices. Return to pan for a few seconds to allow the cheese to melt if needed.
5. Cut the patty melt diagonally into two triangular sandwiches. Serve with pickles. Enjoy (and then go out for a walk)!
Update: Next time I’d probably add some mayo, raw onion and possibly pickles on my patty melt.