A non-poultry take on the sweet, spicy and deliciousness of a dish that is Korean fried chicken, or KOFC.
What you need
300 grams of peeled prawns
Panko bread crumbs
1 beaten egg
50 grams of salted butter
2-3 tablespoons of hot sauce, I used Sriracha
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
How to cook the Korean fried prawns
1. Put flour, the beaten egg and panko breadcrumbs in three separate bowls.
2. Dip prawns one by one, first in flour, then in the eggs, and finally in the panko.
3. Heat oil in a pan or deep-fryer. Fry the prawns till golden brown. Put on paper towels to dry/lose some oil (beach 2017 is coming up).
4. Melt butter in a pan. Add sugar and let dissolve. Remove from heat.
5. Put prawns in a bowl. Coat with butter-sugar-mix and hot sauce. Mix so that the prawns are covered by the buttery, salty, spicy and sweet coating.
Serve! For instance in lettuce leaves with sriracha mayo, kimchi and sesame seeds. Cold beer or crisp German Riesling works well with this!